Please Read Carefully!
THREE MONTHS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- No major surgery. After undergoing a surgical procedure, 3 months’ wait time is suggested before having a thermographic scan. Surgical sites will appear “hot” while healing, and can skew thermological results.
- No breastfeeding
- No chemo/radiation
THREE DAYS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Do not have acupuncture treatment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, DO:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- If you have long hair, bring a clip or tie to put it up with.
- Take a deep breath and relax. This will be the easiest “test” you’ve ever taken!
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, DO NOT:
- Have over-the-counter pain reliever in your system.*
- Have physical therapy, bodywork, massage or electromyography.
- Use a tanning booth or have extended exposure to the sun.
- Perform strenuous exercise or work.
- Smoke for 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Shave any body part that is being imaged, or is adjacent to the region of interest.
- Use lotions, powders, or wear makeup on body parts being scanned.
- Use anti-perspirants until after your scan.
- Use essential oils.
- Have kidney dialysis.
* Different pain reliever courses last different lengths of time; try to be at the end of that length of time when your appointment arrives. If that isn’t possible, BE SURE to tell your thermographer.
No other changes in diet or medication are necessary prior to your appointment. If you have any questions about preparing for your scan, please call us!